ERA Terms and Conditions:
1. COLFIRE’s Emergency Roadside Assistance service is governed by the laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
2. Your service is for the period of your COLFIRE Motor Vehicle Insurance and is renewable annually. Fees paid are non-refundable.
3. You must produce your valid certificate of Motor Insurance to use the COLFIRE ERA services.
4. If your vehicle is required to be inspected and does not have a valid inspection certificate properly displayed on your vehicle, it can result in a refusal of service.
5. If there are any domestic animals in your vehicle, their onward transportation is at the service provider’s discretion and solely at your risk. We will not insure any animal during any onward transportation undertaken. Unless there is a safety issue, guide dogs for the blind will always be transported with their owners.
6. Following a breakdown or accident attended by the Police or other emergency service, removal of your vehicle will not take place until the emergency service concerned has authorised it. If the police or emergency service concerned insists on immediate towing by a third party, the cost of this must be met by you.
7. COLFIRE's ERA service provider will use reasonable skill and care when providing the service.
8. COLFIRE's ERA will not be responsible to you for any indirect losses which you incur as a result of acts or omissions by our service provider. This does not apply to any claim you have for death or personal injury.
9. COLFIRE's ERA may not be available if our service providers are prevented from doing so in circumstances beyond their reasonable control including, without limitations: the activities of civil or government authorities, industrial disputes, acts of God, or severe weather conditions.
10. We have the right to refuse to give service and/or cancel your ERA service if anyone using the ERA services behaves in a threatening or abusive manner to COLFIRE’s ERA service provider or is engaged in illegal activity, such as driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
11. We have the right to inform that your ERA service may be delayed or refused should your location be considered a high-risk area (see below) with the threat of criminal intimidation or direct danger to COLFIRE’s ERA service provider.
Regional Location Specific Neighborhoods and/or Streets
Beetham: Phases 4 & 5
Belmont: China Town
Chaguanas: Crown Trace – Enterprise, Egypt Trace – Enterprise, Tobago Road
Diego Martin: Bagatelle, Cemetery Street, Covigne, Mercer Road, Patna, Richplain
Laventille (1): Bath St., Beverly Hills, Box Hill, Dan Kelly, Erica St., John John, Pashley St., Picton St.
Laventille (2): Siparia Hill, Snake Valley, Soogrim Trace, Saint Barbs, Success Village
Morvant: Coconut Drive, Never Dirty, Paradise Heights, Pelican Extension
Port of Spain: Duncan Street (Lower), Nelson Street, Sea Lots, St. Paul Street
San Juan: Laventille Road (Upper)
12. All telephone calls to 800-CARE (2273) may be monitored and recorded.
13. If the service you require is not provided for under these terms, we will try to arrange it at your request and at your expense. The terms of any such service are a matter for you and the supplier.
14. We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at renewal of your policy.
15. If you have used our ERA service and you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service which was provided to you, you should bring this to our attention. You can contact us toll free at 800-CARE (2273). Send your comments via email to email@example.com or complete a Customer Feedback form available at any of our branch offices or online at our website www.colfire.com. We will deal promptly with your query.